Players not playing

les petits plus pour vous simplifier la vie. Faites vos demandes!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
features to make your life easier. You can ask for new ones!

Players not playing

Message par wop » 18 Sep 2014 10:54

Hi,

I know that this topic isnt really a new one.
But it is annoying when u want to play a game which is proceeding quick or just one a one turn a day base,
and you get players on the game that will just take a turn per week.
I am aware that there is speed rating that makes it possible to avoid former slower players to join a game,
but my experience with that speedrating filter are just mixed...
Especially for tournamentplay a solution that gives a pßlayer a fixed time to take his turn would be better.
So If you can set up a game with a timelimit per turn (as a premium feature?), which could be from some hours to maybe a week might be an good option.
After elapsing that timelimit players could than be punished with an pass or maybe with the next available playingoption ?
And in case of more misssed turns maybe with an automatic loss. (the way this should be handled might differ from game to game)
I know that sounds harsh to some of the users here, but if the option is clear at start everyone can decide whether he wants to join in such a game or tournament.

Another option to think about is the way Yucata handels players turn where u always have to take your "oldest" turn first.
So no player can stop playing in games he doesnt like and continue to play in more liked games first...

sorry for bringing up an old topic
wop
wop

Message(s) : 116

Re: Players not playing

Message par lynkowsky » 18 Sep 2014 11:17

wop a écrit :Another option to think about is the way Yucata handels players turn where u always have to take your "oldest" turn first.
So no player can stop playing in games he doesnt like and continue to play in more liked games first...

And so no one can stop to play a bugged game to wait for a repair... Bad idea.

For the rest, I think a better idea would be :
- premium members can set a game with time limit ofr each move (the default time limit being 1 month)
- when the time is ellapsed, you can ask for deletion or replacement (as it is done now with the 30 days limit).
Automatic move is probably too difficult to set (in a multi player game, a stupid move may help only one player and not the others, not fair) - in some games you may like to pass whereas it is not possible etc...

Is it possible ? What to do with players on holidays ?
lynkowsky

Message(s) : 11795

Retour vers les fonctionnalités Premium - Premium features