How to play ?
Official rules by Gigamic. In french, but you can find below all you need to know to play.
OBJECT OF THE GAME
Each player is the only one to know his color and tries as discreetly as possible to have a majority on the board game.
The 24 «Squares» are the pyramids with one colored ring.
The 36 «Pieces» are the pyramids with two colored rings.
- with 4 players, all pyramids are used;
- with 3 players, 5 colors are used (55 pyramids);
- with 2 players, 4 colors are used (44 pyramids).
PREPARING TO PLAY
Each player receives a color, what remains secret until the end of the game.
The board is made by Squares:
- 24 Squares with 4 players (4 Squares of each color);
- 20 Squares with 3 players (4 Squares of each 5 colors) ;
- 16 Squares with 3 players (4 Squares of each 4 colors).
Most of the Squares will be covered by Pieces, but all Squares will stay at this first level.
PLAY OF THE GAME
The first player is chosen randomly, then we play from left to right.
At your turn, choose a Piece and drop it on the board, following the rules below.
Play onto a Square
A Piece can only be dropped onto a Square of another color. Then this Stack has the color of the top Piece ; By example if an orange Piece is dropped onto a yellow Square, the Stack is now orange.
Play onto a Stack
You can also play a Piece onto a Stack.
- If the played Piece is of another color than the top Piece of the Stack, this Stack changes color.
- If the played Piece and the top Piece of the Stack are the same colour, both are definitely removed from the board: the Stack has now th color of the Piece (or Square) immediately below (example : an orange Piece is dropped onto another orange Piece: both are removed and the color below appears: the Stack becomes pink.).
If we go down at the Square level, again it is forbidden to drop a Piece of the same color here : a Sqaure can never
be removed from the game.
There is no limit to Stack height..
GOLDEN RULE : it is forbidden to play onto the same location than the last player.
END OF THE GAME
The games takes end when all Pieces have been played. Then we check which color has the majority on the board.
The color of a Stack is the one from the Piece on top.
The color of a non covered Square is the one from the Square. The colors are revealed: the players who controls the
most of locations wins.
In case of equality, the winner is the player who controls the most of Stacks (Squares covered by at least one Piece).
If there is still an equality among players, the one who controls the highest Stack wins.
When creating a game, you can check the Solo box, to play quick games without waiting other players. You will play against "bajbots", which will play immediately after your move. Easy way to discover the game!
Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 7+, Opera, Safari.
Kabaleo is a game by Jean Luc Renaud published by Gigamic
Online version by boiteajeux.net (firstname.lastname@example.org)