X's disappearing

X's disappearing

Message par Sternum Humerus » 28 Mars 2019 17:38

Hello,
It has happened on a number of occasions that sometimes the X's will disappear from the deduction board between sessions. It is not even the most recently clicked boxes either, it seems unpredictable which ones will be affected. It does not occur often, but when it does, it can really mess up a game if it is not noticed right away. Other players have commented that they have experienced the same thing.
Do we know why this occurs? And is there a way to fix it?
Thank you
Sternum Humerus
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 19

Re: X's disappearing

Message par jouons » 28 Mars 2019 18:18

I experience it too.

I suppose it's because each click is sent to the server but some requests timed out.

Also sometimes I click a lot, then I go to next game just to discover I have been disconnected (happens quite often on mobile).
jouons

Message(s) : 422

Message par Ambroisie » 28 Mars 2019 18:53

Je ne sais pas si j'ai bien compris le sujet mais depuis quelques temps, la connexion est lente et si l'on clique plusieurs fois de suite, on annule la croix au lieu de la mettre (Alchimistes), on se retrouve aussi avec plusieurs fois le même message sur le tchat (j'y fais bien attention maintenant et j'attends patiemment que le message apparaisse après le premier clic :roll:). Pareil sur jarnac ainsi que pour ma partenaire habituelle. Ce problème de connexion n'apparait que sur BoîteàJeux donc je profite de l'occasion pour en parler ... :)
Ambroisie

Message(s) : 2319

Message par Paul Felz » 29 Mars 2019 12:27

This must be a different problem than the one Sternum Humerus describes - he says Xs vanish between sessions. I have noticed that, too. I thought maybe I clicked by accident on the deduction table when I moved the browser window to the front again, but there are sometimes too many Xs vanishing, so I believe there must be another reason.
Paul Felz

Message(s) : 53

Message par Sternum Humerus » 29 Mars 2019 20:03

Yes, it can be multiple X's, and I'm pretty sure the ones that go missing are not necessarily the most recent ones clicked. For example, I might have clicked 4 X's in a column, and later find that it was the middle 2 that go missing. Like number 1 and 4 got saved, and number 2 and 3 did not.
Sternum Humerus
Premium
Premium

Message par frederic.moulis » 29 Mars 2019 20:44

it is impossible that it just disappears.
but it may be due to clicks that were not received by the server : you click, the gui displays a cross andsends a message to the server, the message is lost (due too traffic/bandwidth issue?) so when you come back, those lost clicks do not appear as crosses.

did it occur that you clicked, refreshed the page and saw the cross, then came back later and the cross had disappeared ?
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 3504

Message par Sternum Humerus » 29 Mars 2019 21:06

No, I've never tested it in that detail. It is quite possible that any time an X has disappeared, it was one or more of the X's clicked in the most recent time the page was open.
Sternum Humerus
Premium
Premium

Message par frederic.moulis » 29 Mars 2019 21:16

I think this is the case
as soon as I have time to check, I will add a message to warn the user that the click did not work
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message par covadis » 30 Mars 2019 0:33

frederic.moulis a écrit :it is impossible that it just disappears.
but it may be due to clicks that were not received by the server : you click, the gui displays a cross andsends a message to the server, the message is lost (due too traffic/bandwidth issue?) so when you come back, those lost clicks do not appear as crosses.

did it occur that you clicked, refreshed the page and saw the cross, then came back later and the cross had disappeared ?

Ou alors tu cliques puis tu recommences ton tour ? Ca garde en mémoire si on fait ca ?
covadis

Message(s) : 3394

Message par frederic.moulis » 31 Mars 2019 10:20

covadis a écrit :Ou alors tu cliques puis tu recommences ton tour ? Ca garde en mémoire si on fait ca ?

Non. Recommencer son tour ne fait qu'annuler tout ce que tu as fait dans l'interface qui n'a pas été sauvegardé en base. Les clics dont on parle envoie une requête instantanément
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message par frederic.moulis » 31 Mars 2019 10:41

it should be better now.
I mean, you will be warned when your click has not been taken into account
so you will probably see more error message toasters in the upper right of your screen when your problem appears
you will then have to retry, maybe re-log in
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message par Sternum Humerus » 31 Mars 2019 16:19

Thank you for taking care of this!
Sternum Humerus
Premium
Premium

Message par Paul Felz » 08 Avr 2019 21:46

Hi Frederic,

I just had another X disappearing in game 22626. And I didn't see other messages than "... modification ok".

Yours,
Paul
Paul Felz

Message(s) : 53

Message par ConFol » 08 Avr 2019 22:57

I've experienced the same thing in the last few days. Click, get an X, get a confirmation banner in the top right corner, but then the next time I enter the game some Xs are gone. Has happened more than once recently.

I realise this sort of report is largely useless for debugging purposes, so please let us know what can we do to help track this down - what info do you need from us?
ConFol
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 8

Message par Volker B » 10 Avr 2019 20:25

Similar here. If I play slowly, i.e. wait for the "Grid modification ok" message before placing the next X, I don't lose any X. If I X a whole column as fast as I can, I still see 8 "OK" messages, but some of the X are lost after refrehing the page. It seems that a slow network increases the number of losses.
Volker B
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 59

Suivant

Retour vers Alchemists