[Agricola] [2-player tournament] Terminé/Finished

Modérateur: Dosto

[Agricola] [2-player tournament] Terminé/Finished

Message par Axiom » 03 Avr 2015 4:50

Le 12/07/15 à 16:41, Axiom a écrit :Finally we are ready to start the tournament. I have sent out messages to each participant, and I hope that we can get this going as soon as possible. Most of the rules will be as described in the inscriptions thread, but some changes have been made. Here are the rules:

Rules

- Each round is a knockout 1vs 1 match, where the best out of 7 games win. If no winner has been selected after these 7 games (due to draws), another deciding match is to be played. If that should also end in a draw, the winner is the one with the most total points over the 8 games. If for some strange reason it is still a draw, the players play another game (possibly several, but very unlikely) to decide the winner.
- In rounds 1 and 2, all 7 games should be started at once, in order to secure a good progression of the tournament. If this is not possible for some players, due to e.g. not being a Premium member, as many games as possible should be created.Any additional games should then be started up as soon as possible.
- The deck format should be EIK tournament mode with draft 7 out of 9.
- Starting round 3 (Quarterfinals), the players play only one game at a time, starting up the next one once the previous one is finished. For these rounds, there is no point in continuing the match once the winner has been decided e.g. if a player lead 4-1 after 5 games they should not continue. This is in contrast to rounds 1 and 2, where every round will consist of 7 rounds, regardless.
- Since we are playing 2er, it is possible to forfeit the game without playing to the end. However, I would urge players to play all 14 rounds if they can.
- For the first round, the players will be sorted according to ELO ratings. The top 16 cannot face each other, but will meet an opponent in the bottom 16 (drawn randomly).
- For all other rounds, the match set-ups will be completely random.
- With regards to game creaton, the players should probably NOT put a max 1 day per move limit on their games, unless both players agree. However, max 7 days per move is accepted. If a player doesn't take his move within the required time period, he/she will lose that game.

The first player listed in each game should take responsibility for creation of the games. Each game is to be named "2er Tourney RXMYGZ", where X is the round number, Y is the match number (see below) and Z is the game number. As an example, my games this round will be R1M2G1, R1M2G2, R1M2G3, R1M2G4, R1M2G5, R1M2G6, R1M2G7, as I am participating in match number 2.

Once the games are finished, the results should also be posted in this thread.

Finally, here is the draw for the first round (match number, player A, player B):

ROUND 1
1. no_dice vs. catyoo
2.Axiom vs. Salustiano
3.mims63 vs. jbsiena
4.chamoisien vs. sergei
5.Thomrun974 vs. coukie74
6.blasty vs. zemino
7.torbuch vs. Meepan
8.Turambar vs. Pinovitch
9.wop vs. will
10.wilfried vs. Reniar
11.John30 vs. popech
12.Striker vs.Abraham
13.surok9068 vs. Anne de Bretagne
14.akirkwood52 vs. cireg
15.Elkezhar vs. lloydqc
16.herve vs. christophej2

Good games!

Hi!

I am planning on starting up a 2-player tournament in Agricola.
Format will be tournament mode draft 7 of 9 (or possibly just draft 7), direct elimination.

In each round, the players facing each other will play 7 games, and the winner is the one with the most wins. In case of a equal amount of wins (due to ties), the players
play an 8th game to decide the winner. If that should also end in a draw, the winner is the one with the most total points over the 8 games. If for some strange reason it is still
a draw, the players play another game (possibly several, but very unlikely) to decide the winner.

If the match is decided before all the initial 7 games have finished, the players immediately stop (e.g. if a player leads 4-1).

Ideally the number of players should equal a power of 2, most likely 16 or 32. An exact decision with regards to this will be decided once I know a little more about how many people are interested in joining!

Possible rules for draw of opponents: I'm thinking of using the ELO rating to seed the players for the first round, although I haven't thought out the details yet. After the first one, however, I plan to do the draw completely random. Suggestions here are welcome!

Players [32/32]:
Axiom
akirkwood52
Pinovitch
torbuch
surok9068
wilfried
blasty
mims63
Striker
Turambar
jbsiena
herve
wop
Anne de Bretagne
sergei
cireg
Reniar
catyoo
popech
John30
Meepan
Thomrun974
chamoisien
Salustiano
lloydqc
zemino
Elkezhar
will
coukie74
Abraham
christophej2
no_dice

Waiting list
LiliLili

Update:
We've reached 16 players. I will continue to wait a while longer, but I'll set a cap on 32 players. Once we get that, we are good to go.
If it becomes problematic to find that many players, we will start with fewer players, but then I have to think of a way to reduce the
number of players to a power of two for the final rounds (quarterfinals onwards at least, I think).

Also, as I said originally, I will seed the players for the first round.

One suggested method: Sort the players into two "buckets" (categories) by ELO rating: "top half" and "bottom half". Top half players will then play
against bottom half players, but otherwise the choice is random.
Dernière édition par Axiom le 12 Juil 2015 16:17, édité 25 fois.
Axiom
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 118

Re: [Agricola] Agricola 2er tournament

Message par akirkwood52 » 03 Avr 2015 13:25

I'm in! ☺
akirkwood52

Message(s) : 31

Message par Pinovitch » 03 Avr 2015 14:20

+1 for me
Pinovitch
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 1461

Message par torbuch » 03 Avr 2015 17:52

I'll play.
Unless the games are started as "frendlies", all the games will have to be completed for the ELO ratings, even if one player has already won four games.
torbuch
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 265

Message par surok9068 » 03 Avr 2015 18:38

I don't understand if the 7 games must be played simultaneously or one after the other ?
Anyway i believe i'll play whatever answer you give ;)
surok9068
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 1220

Message par Axiom » 03 Avr 2015 18:43

The plan was to play only one game at a time i.e. you only start up the next one when the previous game is finished.
Axiom
Premium
Premium

Message par surok9068 » 03 Avr 2015 18:57

Axiom a écrit :The plan was to play only one game at a time i.e. you only start up the next one when the previous game is finished.

Ok it make it clear / you can count on me
surok9068
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 1220

Message par wilfried » 04 Avr 2015 14:49

in
wilfried
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 873

Message par blasty » 04 Avr 2015 15:31

+1

thanks for the organization.
blasty
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 82

Message par mims63 » 04 Avr 2015 17:39

+1 Thanks
mims63

Message(s) : 407

Message par Striker » 05 Avr 2015 0:04

Axiom a écrit :The plan was to play only one game at a time i.e. you only start up the next one when the previous game is finished.
7 games then seems a lot. Would 5 or 3 not be better?

Either way, 2p tournament, count me in.

Thanks.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary and those that don't.
Striker
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 274

Message par Axiom » 05 Avr 2015 1:23

Yeah maybe it is a lot, but I feel it is best to play many games in order to decide a deserving winner, and 2ers should play much faster than the other formats (at least if players don't take long vacations from the site). Also, there is the possibility to win before the 7 matches are over.

But I'll think about it some more.
Axiom
Premium
Premium

Message par Turambar » 05 Avr 2015 14:51

I'm in and have no problesm playing 7 games.

It is possible to play 7 games simultaneously against the same opponent if people worry about time. But maybe that is confusing.
Turambar

Message(s) : 27

Message par jbsiena » 05 Avr 2015 15:03

+1, thanks
jbsiena
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 189

Message par herve » 05 Avr 2015 19:47

+1 player