Opponent robot in mud

Opponent robot in mud

Message par gutmeister » 12 Oct 2015 0:35

Hi All,

had a question re: game http://boiteajeux.net/jeux/ttb/partie.php?id=3341

an opponent's robot was stuck in the mud. it requires two forward moves to get out. the rules state that each turn, the robot's memory is erased: Mud has no memory : should a robot start his turn in the Mud, it will need two Forward moves to get out even if one was ignored on the previous turn.

none of the examples in the rules address if turn means round of all opponents or just the one player's turn, but i assume he meant just the one turn since he says turn not round. It's probably the same with a zap and a push, but if i had zapped a robot in the mud would be be moved? seems like i would need some combination of two forward or two zaps or one of each to get this other robot to move?

Thanks for the clarification!

(and yes particularly curious since blue now messes up my grand plan!!)
Dernière édition par gutmeister le 12 Oct 2015 17:52, édité 1 fois.
gutmeister

Message(s) : 25

Re: Opponent robot in mud

Message par diplojak » 12 Oct 2015 8:59

that's it, two move orders, even when zapping.
diplojak
Administrateur

Message(s) : 7257

Message par gutmeister » 12 Oct 2015 15:58

so did this game play incorrectly? because my first robot only had one forward move order, yet he pushed the blue robot out of the mud with that one order?
gutmeister

Message par gutmeister » 12 Oct 2015 16:02

sorry, to make it easier it was turn #34 in this game http://boiteajeux.net/jeux/ttb/partie.php?id=3341
gutmeister

Message par Guitou » 12 Oct 2015 18:02

It seems the rules say : "Robot caterpillars skid in the Mud. When a Robot enters a Mud hex, his next 'Forward' move is ignored.

If you push it, there is no reason that the robot stays in the mud! This is only if it tried to get out by itself!

EDIT : But if you zap it, things are different because this is the robot itself which goes forward (so it skids!). So in this case, I suppose you need two zaps to get it out!
Guitou
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 670

Message par gutmeister » 12 Oct 2015 18:27

interesting take, i see your point it would take one push or two zaps, kinda weird but makes sense!
gutmeister

Retour vers Twin Tin Bots