Modérateur: Dosto

Re: Confirm - Undo

Message par waaayback » 18 Nov 2014 21:24

cool.... thanks for the support.
waaayback

Message(s) : 3

Message par lynkowsky » 18 Nov 2014 22:15

waaayback a écrit :If you were sitting at a f-t-f game...

In a face to face game, I do not like the player who allways change his mind and ask for takebacks... And most of the time, in face to face games, first, the player think, then he plays a correct move. It's the same here : first, think, then, play. And changing the interface will not solve this problem : if one do not think, he will play stupid moves !
lynkowsky
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 11114

Message par diplojak » 18 Nov 2014 22:36

waaayback a écrit :cool.... thanks for the support.

you are welcome. Unfortunately, lots of people complain today... to say there was no bug with this game, so I have to open again. I'm afraid your brain will have to stop farting.
diplojak
Administrateur

Message(s) : 7183

Message par waaayback » 19 Nov 2014 1:04

lynkowsky a écrit :
waaayback a écrit :If you were sitting at a f-t-f game...

In a face to face game, I do not like the player who allways change his mind and ask for takebacks... And most of the time, in face to face games, first, the player think, then he plays a correct move. It's the same here : first, think, then, play. And changing the interface will not solve this problem : if one do not think, he will play stupid moves !

I don't think you understood the spirit of my post. I was not talking about the player who asks for a takeback; I agree with you.

I was talking about, if I pick up my disc accidentally from the Build/Construire space and say "I'm building now" even though I have 0 Vatus. The player next to me says "um, you can't do that. you have no Vatus". So I sheepishly return my disc, and pick up another one (that I can do).

What you are saying is, I should have to keep my (incorrect) choice of Build and you say "tough luck, you picked it up". That seems harsh, and I don't think we're playing touch-move :-)
waaayback

Message(s) : 3

Message par lynkowsky » 19 Nov 2014 13:36

Ok, so, you play on a very little board, so you cannot play correctly and tell us that this is our fault if you make mistakes ? Playing on a normal computer, I did never clicked "accidently" a disc (But I allready played a move too fastly and accepted my mistake...)
lynkowsky
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 11114

Message par Thunkd » 20 Jan 2015 18:26

I started a new game of Vanuatu after taking a long break and OH MY GOD!!! I cannot stand this game without an undo button. It's just too easy for me to make a mistake and get completely screwed. And that mistake can cascade and mean that several of my discs are completely wasted for the round because of one misclick that can't be taken back.

So at this point, I'm considering this game unplayable until it gets an undo button. There's just no point trying to play this game because I'm going to screw up somehow, somewhere and while admittedly, that's on me... good design would suggest that you allow for people being imperfect and flawed. There are plenty of games on here that allow for moves to be taken back... it just seems lazy that this one doesn't.
Thunkd

Message(s) : 22

Précédent

Retour vers Vanuatu