Automatic Renounce Discloses Information

Automatic Renounce Discloses Information

Message par Volker B » 28 Nov 2017 10:57

I sold a potion in game #13178, round 4. As a consequence RichardMNixon renounced his sell action automatically. From his point of view, this was probably his only option, and the engine decided correctly. However, he owned two favors at this moment. So from my point of view there are two possibilities: he cannot sell, or he does not want to sell and keep a possible merchant for later. I don't know, and I couldn't tell, if he had to renounce manually. But with automatic renounce I can be sure now that he does not have a merchant in his favors.
I've no idea if I can ever make use of this information. A similar thing can happen at the "buy an atrifact" action with the shop owner.
Volker B
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 59

Re: Automatic Renounce Discloses Information

Message par frederic.moulis » 28 Nov 2017 11:08

well, I know, but honestly, I'm quite sure you will never use this information. And if I do not renounce automatically, you will ask me to, so that it does not slow down the game
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message(s) : 3495

Message par chboing » 28 Nov 2017 18:22

Not that rare after all ;)
chboing

Message(s) : 135

Message par frederic.moulis » 28 Nov 2017 18:28

chboing a écrit :Not that rare after all ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
more frequently than you can imagine (Volker B has forgotten many cases), but you never take advantage of it
Useless ;)
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message par Xavier5A » 29 Nov 2017 2:57

I really disagree.

Two player games most of all. It is extremely easy to keep track of favors. If you know for a fact that a Merchant (or Shopkeeper) is in the deck it will definitely influence your next round's playing order.
Xavier5A

Message(s) : 6

Message par chboing » 29 Nov 2017 10:22

Volker B a écrit :[... I can be sure now that he does not have a merchant in his favors [...]

Or, if he has no favor card, you can know for sure he has 2 of the same ingredient.
This is something that can help nicely when trying to determine the correct formulas.

Frederic your main argument is "players will complain it's too slow". I can hear this, but I have never seen those kind of complaints, and i would find this less founded than those complaints I see here.
I mean, we play on Baj, the games are usually slow, yeah then ? There will always be people whining because it's slow. Even when it automatically skips.
Whereas we can see a lot of complaints or misunderstanding when the game is skipping automatically (this case) or without too much info in the history ( all other case )
chboing

Message par frederic.moulis » 29 Nov 2017 10:24

chboing a écrit :
Volker B a écrit :[... I can be sure now that he does not have a merchant in his favors [...]

Or, if he has no favor card, you can know for sure he has 2 of the same ingredient.
This is something that can help nicely when trying to determine the correct formulas.

Frederic your main argument is "players will complain it's too slow". I can hear this, but I have never seen those kind of complaints, and i would find this less founded than those complaints I see here.
I mean, we play on Baj, the games are usually slow, yeah then ? There will always be people whining because it's slow. Even when it automatically skips.
Whereas we can see a lot of complaints or misunderstanding when the game is skipping automatically (this case) or without too much info in the history ( all other case )

or because they should read the rules at least once (99%)
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Message par chboing » 29 Nov 2017 10:45

Yeah i read the rules quite a few times now, and you can always be surprised sometimes, doesn't hurt if the history is helping out the gold-fish-merory-guys :)
chboing

Message par frederic.moulis » 29 Nov 2017 10:49

chboing a écrit :Yeah i read the rules quite a few times now, and you can always be surprised sometimes, doesn't hurt if the history is helping out the gold-fish-merory-guys :)

This is off topic.
The history in the game contains all the information. But people do not read it
frederic.moulis
Premium
Premium

Retour vers Alchemists